Sweet Crepes Recipe
This recipe is for frangipane, or frangipan, an almond-based cream for almond tarts, fruit tarts, and more.
Yield: Enough almond cream for a 9-inch tart.
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, no substitutions
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 teaspoon dark rum
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, and process until blended.
© 2004-2014 Renee Shelton.
All Rights Reserved.
Image sources: Manufacturer's we retail from and our studio.
Email us for product information and purchase.
...for the latest articles, specials, and features on pastrysampler.com