Butter Vanilla Almond Cake
Recipe by Renee Shelton
May 15, 2009
A simple, rich vanilla cake highlighted with almond.
About 30 minutes, or until the cake tests done
Yield: 1 9-inch cake, or 3 thin 8-inch cakes
Review: 5 Stars
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, soft but still firm
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 3 8-inch cake pans.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and reserve.
3. Place butter in the bowl of a stand-up mixer. Mix with a paddle attachment until smooth. Add in the sugar and cream well together until smooth. Add in the extracts. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding another egg after the previous one has been incorporated into the batter.
4. Scrape the bottom of the bowl and the sides and mix a few turns, and then on low speed add in the dry ingredients and the milk alternately, ending with the flour.
5. Transfer the batter into the prepared cake pan or pans and bake until the cake tests done.