Enter a recipe name, baking topic, or pastry term:
Recipe by Renee Shelton
June 1, 2009
This buttermilk cake is flavored with vanilla and lemon extracts, and bakes well in a decorative pan.
About 60 minutes, or until the cake tests done
Yield: 1 cake
Review: 5 Stars
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
2. Cream the sugar with the shortening. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add extracts, and scrape the bowl down.
3. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until cake tests done.
5. Let rest in pan 5 minutes before turning out.