What is 10x (or 6x for that matter)? It is a particular grind for powdered sugar, which typically is mixed with an anti-caking agent, such as a starch. Powdered sugar is also called confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar, and is used for quick mixing buttercream and icing recipes, and for sprinkling and decorating desserts.
Read more about the differences between powdered sugar and superfine sugar, and try the recipe below using powdered sugar as a cooking coating.
- Tomatoes and Sugar: Divine Fresh Garden Treat - August 30, 2017
- Brown Sugar Meringue Spiced Picnic Cake - May 2, 2017
- Breaking Breads by Uri Scheft - March 7, 2017
- Leftover Puff Pastry Palmiers: Super Easy Sweet Treat - March 2, 2017
- Slow Dough: Real Bread by Chris Young and the Bakers of the Real Bread Campaign - February 26, 2017