- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup bran
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix butter, sugar, molasses, until creamy. Add flour mixture, then bran; mix well.
- Shape into a roll, wrap, chill overnight.
- To bake: Slice dough 1/8 inch thick; place on un-greased cookie sheet. Bake in 375 degree F. oven 10 minutes.
- Yields 5 dozen.
Reprinted with permission from ABC of Cookies, published in 1961 by Peter Pauper Press, Inc., White Plains, New York. www.peterpauper.com. Available as a Kindle edition.
Recipe by Pastry Sampler Blog at http://www.pastrysampler.com/blog/2015/12/28/abc-cookbooks-desserts-cookies/